As part of the Building Regulations application process, we as the local authority will make inspections at certain stages as work progresses.
You will need to notify us when you reach the following stages of work:
- Excavation of foundations (before concreting)
- Preparation of the ground floor
- Drains as laid (prior to covering)
- Drains on test
In addition to the above inspection stages we may require further notification at the following stages:
- Intermediate (first and second) floor constructions in place
- Roof carcassing in place
- Electrical wiring installed or being installed (where Part P Electrician is not used)
- Structural beams and columns (prior to covering)
Book a building control site inspection
You can book this using our online booking service or via email, telephone or in writing.
If you are in any doubt about when inspections will be required, please contact the Building Control team using the details on the right hand side for further guidance.
We will try to carry out an inspection on the same day if notified before 10am.