Be in the mix to get a month of Council Tax paid for you! Just register for My Account, set up a Direct Debit and go paperless with e-Billing.
Enter before Tuesday 31 October 2017 to be eligible in our prize draw to win a month of free Council Tax and take advantage of the new online service, giving you the freedom to manage your services from the Council.
Join the thousands who have already registered their secure account at www.blaby.gov.uk/myaccount.
By entering the draw you agree to the terms and conditions below.
If you already pay your Council Tax by Direct Debit, you still need to register for My Account and go paperless with e-Billing to be entered into the draw.
If you already pay by Direct Debit, have a Blaby District Council My Account and have opted to receive paperless bills, you will automatically be entered into the draw.
The closing date for entries is 31 October 2017. Good luck!
Take me to My Account now!
Prize draw terms and conditions
Blaby District Council prize draw - July 2017
1. The Promoter is Blaby District Council
"Closing Date" means [17:00] on 31 October 2017
"Draw Date" means 1 November 2017 (unless this falls on a Saturday, Sunday or bank holiday, in which case it will be drawn the next working day.)
"Entrant" a Council Tax Payer who has been entered into the prize draw. There may only be 1 Entrant per Council Taxed property
The following people are "ineligible":
a. Employees and their immediate families of the Promoter and its associated companies, its agents or contractors;
b. anyone professionally connected with the promotion;
c. anyone under 18 years of age;
"Council Tax Payer" a Council Tax payer of Blaby District Council who is not ineligible
2. Entrants must sign up for a Blaby District Council My Account on the Blaby District Council website, register to pay their Council Tax by direct debit and go paperless with e-Billing in order to be entered into the prize draw
3. Residents who are already paying Council Tax by Direct Debit must still register for a Blaby District Council My Account on the Blaby District Council website and go paperless with e-Billing in order to be entered into the prize draw
4. Residents who are already paying Council Tax by Direct Debit and are registered for Blaby District Council My Account must also have opted to go paperless with e-Billing in order to be entered into the prize draw
5. There are no other routes of entry
6. Upon signing up for a Blaby District Council My Account and registering to pay your Council Tax by direct debit and requesting e-Billing, you will be automatically entered into the prize draw. If you do not wish to participate in the prize draw, please opt out by notifying the Promoter by post, email or telephone (details below)
7. All Entrants in the prize draw agree to be bound by these terms and conditions
8. The prize for the April prize draw will be equivalent of the month’s Council Tax liability at the time of the draw and credited to the Council Tax Account. If the taxpayer ceases to become liable for Council Tax during the financial year due to a change in circumstances then the remainder of the prize money will not be refunded to the resident. If the taxpayer moves within the district then any prize money will be transferred onto the new Council Tax account
In the event that the winner cannot claim the prize, there will be no alternative prize and another winner will be selected using the same process. For example, if the winner is fully exempt from Council Tax, no alternative prize can be offered and the winner will no longer qualify for a prize
The prize for further prize draws during the year will consist of a single one-off payment equivalent to the winner’s first month’s instalment of Council Tax of the draw year, which will be paid into the UK bank account from which the winner's Council Tax Direct Debit payments are drawn. Where Council Tax is paid jointly by more than one person then any subsequent division of the prize by the account holder(s) (if applicable) will be the responsibility of the winning bank account holder(s) and not the Promoter. Where there are Council Tax arrears on the prize winner’s Council Tax account, the payment will be allocated towards the arrears and paid onto the Council Tax account
9. The prize draw:
• The Promoter or its agents will randomly select a winner using a computer on the Draw Date. A first, second, third and fourth reserve winner will then be randomly selected by the same method
• If it is subsequently found that a winner is ineligible, or has breached these terms and conditions (or some other breach of law) - in all cases in the sole discretion of the Promoter - or cannot be contacted within 30 days of notification, the Promoter reserves the right to withdraw prize entitlement and to award the prize to the first reserve winner selected at the same time as the original. The Promoter will not enter into any correspondence about any decision made. This re-selection process will be repeated until a winner is identified
• The winner will be notified by the Promoter by post and/or telephone and/or email, using contact details connected to the account, within 14 days of the Draw Date The winner will have 30 days from notification of the prize to communicate their acceptance to the Promoter by telephone, email or registered post. Should there be a need to move to a reserve winner - in order of selection - the reserve winner will have 30 days from notification of the prize by the Promoter to communicate their acceptance
• The winner will be awarded their prize within 30 days of the date of acceptance
• The prize will be awarded via transfer into the bank account from which the winner's Direct Debit payment is drawn. Where the Direct Debit is drawn from an account held jointly by more than one person then any subsequent division of the prize by the winner(s) (if applicable) will be the responsibility of the winner(s) and not the Promoter. The Promoter will not enter into any correspondence on this issue
10. Subject to the following paragraph, the Promoter will ensure that any personal data of Council Tax payers remain confidential and will be governed and subject to any applicable data protection law requirements
11. The parish of the prize winner (and name if they consent) will be available in writing from the Promoter after the prize draw upon a request made in writing to the Promoter directly. The prize winner may be asked to undertake publicity with Promoter or the Promoter's agents about the prize
12. The decision of the Promoter in respect of any and all aspects of the promotion will be final and binding and no correspondence will be entered into by the Promoter about any aspect of this promotion
13. The Promoter accepts no responsibility or liability to any person or organisation for any loss, damage, cost, expense suffered at all in respect of this promotion irrespective of howsoever caused (whether directly or indirectly) aside from those losses which cannot be excluded by the Promoter by law including death and personal injury caused by the Promoter's negligence. The Promoter will not be responsible to any prize winner for any financial implications that might arise as a result of the prize award nor will the Promoter provide any advice on any matter related to the prize award or the personal circumstances of the prize winner
14. These terms and conditions are governed by the laws of England and Entrants submit to the jurisdiction of the English courts