Moving house - Blaby District Council

Skip To Content


Moving house


Let us know when you move home so that we can adjust your bill. We may need to transfer your Council Tax account from your old address to your new one.

How to notify the Council

You can either complete one of the online forms below, email or call us on the details to the right to speak to a member of our team. 

Find your Council Tax account number

You will need your Council Tax account number to notify us that you are moving out of the district or to another property within the district. 

If you don't know your Council Tax account number and you pay by Direct Debit we can ask you some questions about your Direct Debit payment.   If you get the information correct we will then provide you with your Council Tax account number whilst you are online. 

Find your Council Tax account number

Landlord, Housing Association, Estate Agents or a Builder?

If you wish to notify the Council Tax team that a property you are responsible for has had a Council Tax Liability change then please go to the change of occupier/owner section.


Revenues Section
Blaby District Council
Council Offices
Desford Road
LE19 2EP

Email Image Icon
Email Image Icon
Telephone Image Icon
Telephone Image Icon
0116 272 7530
Fax Image Icon
Fax Image Icon
0116 272 7790
Minicom Image Icon
Minicom Image Icon
0116 284 9786
Last updated: 10 December 2018

Website feedback Did you find what you are looking for?

Is this page helpful?

Was this page helpful?

If you want to give comments on the service itself, please use the Blaby District Council feedback form.

Feedback success

Thank you

Your feedback has been submitted.

A-Z of Services A-Z
Email Updates