Blaby District Council provides a regular (weekly) collection of household waste and recycling, including batteries from every property in the district. Textiles and small electrical items are also collected weekly by Mind, the mental health charity.
Ordering of larger bins is temporarily unavailable. We apologise for any inconvenience this may cause.
You should expect to have the following standard bins at your property:-
- 140ltr and/or 240ltr black lidded wheeled refuse bin
- 140ltr or 240ltr green lidded wheeled recycling bin
- Battery bag for household, mobile phone or lithium batteries(you can also use a clear sandwich bag)
- Mind bag for textiles and small electrical items
Garden waste is not collected as part of the standard household waste collection service. You will need to contact us to request a garden waste collection for which there is a charge.
Garden waste collections are made fortnightly during Summer (March to November) and monthly from December to February.
- 140ltr or 240ltr brown lidded wheeled garden waste bin
All bins should be put out at the boundary of your property, next to the pavement or road, by 7.00am on collection day.
The standard bin is 240ltrs, which the option of a slim line 140ltr bin to minimise the space required to store it if needed.
If you are elderly or registered disabled, live alone and do not have anyone who is able to put your bins out at the boundary of your property for collection please let us know as we may be able to help.