If you are looking to dispose of unwanted household items, we offer a collection service from domestic properties within the district.
We do not offer this service to businesses.
Large household items, such as furniture, electrical items and white goods, can be collected. A list of items together with the cost of collection is available below.
Collections are made daily, Monday to Friday and payment can be made when making the booking (by debit or credit card).
On the day of collection we ask that items are left outside at the front of your property by 7.00am (special arrangements can be made in exceptional circumstances for the elderly and infirm).
If items are not left on the front we reserve the right not to make the collection and a refund will not be offered.
Booking a collection
Complete the online form below to book your collection. We will ask for your name, address, contact telephone number and a list of the items you would like to have collected. We will advise you of the cost and agree a collection date with you.
We can arrange to view the items and provide a quotation if you have any more than this.
We do not now offer a cement bonded asbestos collection service but you can still take your asbestos to Whetstone tip.
Debit/credit card. We cannot accept electron cards and a charge of 1.65% is made on transactions over £50.00 for credit cards.
Please note - we do not offer refunds.
Items we can collect
- Beds and Frames (dismantled)
- Washing machines
- Tumble dryers
- Child’s car seat
- Small ladders
- Wall units (dismantled)
- Spin Dryers
- Dish washers
- Wardrobes (dismantled)
- Chest of drawers
- Dressing tables
- Coffee tables
- Vacuum cleaners
- Lawn mower (push type)
- TV cabinet/unit
- Table/standard lamp
- Ironing boards
- Deck chairs
- Small electrical items (you can also use your Mind bag and put these out on your recycling collection day)
Size dependent on individual item
- Bedside cabinets
This is not a full list, only an example. If your item is not on the list please contact us to discuss.
Items we can not collect
- General builder’s waste and rubble
- Pianos and organs
- Garage doors
- Large gates
- Soil or stones
- Gas bottles
- Window frames
- Green houses
- Construction waste, eg toilets, cisterns, baths, sinks, kitchen cabinets and shower cubicles (this list is not exhaustive)
- Large quantities of garden waste (small amounts can be collected on your normal waste collection day),
- Items which are too large to go into the vehicle (generally anything longer than 6ft or 1.8m) and
- Items from commercial premises (businesses)
- Items must be manageable by two people
- Items of furniture/appliances must not be filled with other rubbish
- Items must be easily accessible outside, at the front of your property and all together
- Only items as agreed and confirmed on your list will be removed
- Refunds will not be offered for collections
OTHER WAYS TO DISPOSE
Mind - The mental health charity have recently opened a furniture re-use shop and would love to take any unwanted items of furniture or help with house clearances. For more help or advice please contact Kevin on 0116 278 0865. Please put small electrical items out on your normal recycling collection day, they will be collected by Mind.
The Tip - You can take household waste and bulky items to the Household Waste Recycling Centre on Enderby Road, Whetstone. It is managed by Leicestershire County Council. Visit Leicestershire County Council website for information on opening times, permits and much more.
Leicestershire County Council - waste management
Mind - national association for mental health