We provide wheelie bins and bags for the collection of household waste.
What can I put in my refuse bin?
You can put anything in your refuse bin that can’t be recycled through your kerbside recycling collection, eg food waste.
Please do not put the following in your refuse bin:
- Garden waste – please sign up for a garden waste bin
- Paint – take unwanted paint and empty paint tins to Whetstone tip
- Builders rubble/waste, including soil and concrete
Each household (of up to four residents) is issued with one 140ltr wheeled bin (black lid) for household waste.
Larger household waste bins are available at the following annual cost (from 1st April 2013 to 31st March 2014):
- Additional 140ltr wheeled bin - £34.80
- 240lt wheeled bin - £34.80
- 360ltr wheeled bin - £51.00
Discounts are available on the above prices for households of five or more residents.
In addition to larger bins, purple side waste bags are available, if you only have extra waste on occasions. These can be bought from various outlets in the district.
- Purple refuse sacks - £6.00 for pack of 3
Refuse and garden bag stockists
For those properties unable to accommodate wheeled bins, we do provide refuse sacks free of charge. These are delivered by us on a quarterly basis.
Request larger or additional bins