Blaby District Council requires two independent people to serve on its Independent Remuneration Panel on Councillors' Allowances.
The Panel makes recommendations to the Council on the allowances to be paid to elected members.
What would you be looking at:
- Allowances and expenses paid to Councillors.
Who can’t join the panel:
You cannot at the time of appointment:
- Be a member of any political group, or,
- Have a personal association with Blaby District Council, or
- Be a serving Councillor at a Parish, County, District, or Borough authority.
Applications are invited from interested persons who can demonstrate:
- Background knowledge of local government
- An appreciation of the current economic climate.
Applications from anyone in the voluntary, community and business sectors are particularly welcomed especially those who live within Blaby District.
Appointment to the Panel will be for three years. Attendance at evening meetings is expected three to five times a year. A travel and subsistence allowance is available.
For further details and an application pack please contact the Democratic Services, Scrutiny & Governance Manager at Blaby District Council via 0116 272 7640 or e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org.
The closing date for applications is 12.00pm, Friday 4th August 2017.